- Our normal working hours on Monday – Thursday, 8am to 4:30pm, and Friday 8am until 2pm, are chargeable at our standard hourly rate unless otherwise expressly agreed.
- Outside of normal working hours after 4:30pm and 8am is chargeable at a premium rate. Bank Holidays are also chargeable at premium rate.
- Labour is charged in increments of half an hour at the appropriate rate, with a minimum 2 hour charge applicable during normal working hours.
- A minimum charge of 4 hours is chargeable for a call out outside of normal working hours after 5pm during the week, bank holidays and weekend at the appropriate rate.
- Reasonable travel time is chargeable for every call out unless we are already onsite.
- Where prior arrangements have been made to allow access to site are not honoured, an abortive visit at the two-hour minimum rate will be charged if no access is gained, or waiting time would be charged as accrued time.
Mileage and Parking
- Mileage is applied at the rate of 60p per mile, deemed to be a return journey from our offices to the clients premises.
- Where applicable, any parking charges will be passed onto the client.
- Due to the extensive range of equipment we work with, our engineers carry limited spare parts stock. We will endeavour to locate or source parts as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Carriage, or the labour time and mileage to collect spares would be chargeable.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to gain approval for material purchases before they are ordered or collected.
- Where further works are identified as a result of a call out, the initial visit and any additional works may be invoiced separately.
- The company ‘Evans Maintenance Services Ltd’ will charge for labour (at the current day work rate) to replace any parts fitted which are proved to its satisfaction to be defective by reason of faulty manufacture, but shall not be liable for damage, direct or consequential loss of trade, arising out, or as a result, of any service defect in part or parts.
Invoicing and Payment
- All invoices are payable within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- All invoices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Title to any goods supplied shall not pass to the client but shall be retained by Evans Maintenance Services Ltd until the client has paid in full. We retain the right to retake, sell or dispose of all or any part of those goods supplied.
- A copy of the engineer’s job sheet will be included with the invoice as evidence of the work performed, including servicing. No separate certificate will be issued except where a landlord gas certificate is required for residential properties.
Servicing where a fault is present
- Where a request is made to service an appliance which is found to be faulty, the fault must be rectified before a service can be completed, which may require an additional visit and the client would be notified accordingly.
- We would warranty all work carried out deemed to be at fault due to workmanship.
- Where a part or component is found to be faulty and still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, only labour and mileage to replace would be chargeable.
- No charge is made for providing quotations.
- All quotations are valid for a period of 30 days.
- Where asbestos containing materials is suspected to be present in the working environment, we reserve the right to cease work until the appropriate tests have been carried out or any asbestos removed at the clients cost.
- Evans Maintenance Services Ltd reserve the right to appoint subcontractors as required on specialist work outside the expertise of the scope of normal works and the client would be advised accordingly.
Limitation of Liability
- Neither Party shall be liable to the other party in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty nor otherwise for any loss, damage costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by that other party of an indirect or consequential nature including without limitation any economic loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill.
- Except as expressly provided, no warranty, condition, undertaking or term expressly or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the condition, quality performance, durability or fitness for purpose of the works, executed and/or parts provided and/or installed is given by Evans Maintenance Services Ltd.